A little TLC for your clothes makes them and you look smarter for longer...
While you're wearing your suit:
- Carry as little as possible in the pockets; ideally nothing in the jacket pockets.
After wearing your suit:
- Brush your suit after each wearing, using a natural bristle brush.
- Hang your suit up, clean and unbuttoned, after each wearing. Use a curved, wide-shoulder hanger, with the curve facing forward.
- If you’re not a frequent suit-wearer, keep your suit looking fresh and well-maintained with a quick brush and airing every now and then.
- Try to ‘rest’ your suit between each wearing. This will let the cloth fibres settle and the suit’s shape relax back into place.
Cleaning your suit:
- Always read and follow the instructions on your suit’s care label.
- Only have your suit dry-cleaned if it’s actually dirty, and ask your dry cleaner to just spot-clean the soiled area if possible.
- It’s best to have your suit pressed by your dry-cleaner.