Introducing the eco collection. Crafted from earth-friendly fabrics like recycled PET polyester and responsibly sourced cotton with trims that have been consciously chosen for their low impact on the environment.
From lining to thread to buttons to packaging, we’ve selected every element either because it is recycled or because it’s made sustainably (and sometimes it’s both).
All that, and the eco collection doesn’t compromise on quality. Same great handles, same great cuts, less plastic in landfill. In small, limited-edition runs that mean we can move towards a more sustainable future while avoiding unnecessary waste.
Every second, a double-decker busload of plastic waste is dumped or burned in developing countries. It takes decades, if not centuries, to break down and releases harmful toxins as it does. Mismanaged waste injures and kills our wildlife and spreads disease among the communities where it’s dumped or left uncollected.
The UN Environment Programme estimates that more than 8.3 billion tonnes of plastic have been produced since the 1950s and about 60% it has ended up in landfill or a natural environment.
The textile industry is one of the worst offenders for polluting the environment. Our goal is to reduce our impact anywhere we can. We’re committed to closing the loop and moving towards sustainable manufacturing processes.
There’s a long way to go, but every step is one step closer. Here’s what we’re already doing and what we plan to do:
We’re using our relationships with our suppliers to minimise our impact on the environment. We’ll encourage them to use responsible manufacturing processes, harness greener energy and innovate in alternative materials that are kinder to the environment.
We’re also partnering with fewer mills and makers so we can maintain closer relationships with them. Regular audits ensure our processes and logistics are compliant and help us identify new ways to move sustainable retailing forward.
Packaging & Display
We’re committed to removing or finding sustainable alternatives for one-use plastics used in our packaging and labelling.
We’re now using recyclable polybags and investigating biodegradable ones for future seasons. In the meantime, we’ve set our stores up with recycling bins to dispose of plastic polybags responsibly.
We’re also looking into alternatives for plastic hangers. Until we find a better solution, we’ll ask our customers to think twice before taking hangers and reuse them in-store instead.
Closing the loop
We’re working with ReGain, the clothing-recycling app that takes in your unwanted old clothes and rewards you with discounts for new ones.
Up to 95% of post-consumer fashion that ReGain diverts from landfill is reused or recycled, with the remaining 5% going into energy production or upscaled into new clothes. It all adds up to the industry closing the loop and moving towards circular fashion.
Any unsellable returns or faulty product will now be sent to ReGain to recycle, saving up to 7,200 units from being otherwise destroyed or ending up in landfill.